Monday, August 15, 2011

Out of the Comfort Zone - Episode 54

Listen here.
Latte: On Abby's needles: Clandestine socks, Intrepid Traveler socks, Lisianthus shawl. On Ben's needles: Daybreak, Java socks.
Brewing: Ben is designing a bow tie, using techniques he learned from Cookie A at Sock Summit. In the eighties, Patricia Roberts designed several sweaters with dimensional bows in the design. Abby is unhappy with the buttonholes on her Cassidy and is trying to figure out a better way. Abby is also swatching for Strata Sphere in Noro Silk Garden. 
Chai: New York City is always full of surprises. This week, the basement of her building has bee turned into a home theatre, inexplicably sporting two humidifiers...
Caffeinated: Ben is excited about new clothing which breaks out of his typical style. Included in his new acquisitions are: Derby shoes, a bow tie, and some very LOUD suspenders! Abby is excited about the return of Doctor Who, and the Signature Needles she tried out at Sock Summit.
Tip Jar: Ben says: pick s yarn that is out of your comfort zone: make something from it! Abby reminds you that you can enlarge charts and make notes on patterns to make things easier to see.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to listen to the new episode. It's downloaded to my droid and ready for a listen. I only wish I had a longer drive to work so I could hear the entire episode in one drive, but this way it gets spread out. My knitting mojo is back...went to my SnB for the first time in months (been working alot lately and haven't been able to break out early to get to my Tuesday night SnB until last night. Yours is definitely my favorite podcast. I love the back and forth and since I have a son approximately Ben's age, I can relate to the dynamics of your relationship. Thanks for all you do

    BetsyK on ravelry

    ReplyDelete