Tuesday, March 12, 2013

111 - Spring Bling

Ben's smart phone mitts, WIP
Listen here.

Latte: I'm working on Bright and Sunny, my SPAKAL sweater, Wingspan, Catkin and Ben's mitts.

Brewing: I continue my experiment with trying to change the way I knit, or at least give myself some options. I took some advice from June Hemmons Hiatt's The Principles of Knitting and I will continue to work on my goal of improving my knitted fabric.

I also am itching to cast on a beautiful pattern, Dreambird

Chai: Stitches was awesome, and a largely social event for me. I did, however, fall in love with Anzula yarn, and I wish I could find it either in stores or online more easily. I was excited to meet Brenda Petipa of Uptown Girl and Tribute sock fame and I'm now inspired to make another pair of the Uptown Girl socks.

I love Half Price Books and if there's one near you, check it out! In the Berkeley store, I got the ice cream recipe book Scoop for a steal. 

Taste: I review a Two Skein project bag and Needle Nook from Slipped Stitch Designs. You can find a video about how to use the Needle Nook here.  It looks like a pretty handy product, especially if, like me, you use circulars almost all the time.

Sofa: I am trying to understand why I seem to be losing my mojo for watching Once Upon a Time and Revenge. I am, however, anxiously awaiting the new season of Mad Men and I continue to be amazed at the inventiveness and brilliance of The Walking Dead


No comments:

Post a Comment